EVENTS & WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE AT DR
Stay in the loop on What's Happening
Weekly Email (Upcoming + Ongoing Events)
From January 26, 2023
Spread the word about all the things going on at Divine Redeemer! Weekly Bible Verse: Colossians 4:6a, “Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt.”In this newsletter you will find:
- Information on Giving Statements
- FORUM: 2 left THIS Sunday only January 29th
- SURVEY: 5 days left to take
- Ministry Spotlight - Ann Marie Hahn (Director of Youth Ministry)
In every newsletter you will find:
- Information on upcoming + ongoing events
- Bible Study and Small Group Opportunities
- Youth Ministry Corner
- Member Birthdays + Anniversaries
here.Mother Daughter Tea on 1/21 See more photos from the tea event
log into CCB and click, "My Giving". For CCB login questions, go here. See screenshots for navigating CCB giving statements: If you go into CCB to pull your statement, we encourage you to also check your profile for accuracy (you can do this for you and all your family members) and add a photo if you have not yet. Find the DRLC member group here. If you have any questions about your giving statement, please contact Renee Kandler. Physical envelopes were sent out in the mail this week, so look for those. If you have not yet received your offering envelopes, you may pick up hard copy envelope packs in the narthex or cafeteria or explore our awesome and secure online recurring giving solution that many have loved here.Giving Statements were emailed out Your annual giving statements were emailed on January 25th. If you don't see it, check to make sure it did not go to junk. If you don't have an email in our CCB system, we physically mailed your statement on January 24th. If you would like your statement now, you can
Over 100 of you have attended a Forum! If you haven't yet, it's a great opportunity to get your voice heard. We are inviting you to attend 1 Forum meeting and take a survey. Please sign up for a Forum here via this link. There are only two more Forums and they are 9:15 and 10:30 on Sunday, January 29th in the Media Center.Last Two Options for Forums are Sunday the 29th
All the information about our Readiness Assessment and steps can be found consolidated at drlc.org/VISION including documents, dates, sign-up links, frequently asked questions and more!
Ash Wednesday Service Followed by Prayer Session Afterwards Our Ash Wednesday Service will be on Wednesday, February 22nd at 6:30pm in the church sanctuary and will include imposition of ashes and communion. Following the service, there will be a prayer session for our expansion process. There will be midweek Lenten services: March 1, 8, 15, 22, and March 29th. Following the March 15th Lenten service there will be another prayer session over the potential expansion process. We are looking forward to Lent and hoping to be able to provide soup suppers before each of these Lenten services in March.
Dinner is from 5:00 to 6:00 pm on March 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th. The Lenten worship services are at 6:30 in the church. Your group provides soup, condiments, dessert, bottled water, extension cords, power strips, and crockpots as needed. Some groups decorate the tables with tablecloths and decorations but only if you want to!
The church provides the following:
- Small and large soup bowls
- Small and medium paper plates
- Soup spoons and knives (although it is often best if you bring your own)
- Coffee cups
- Coffee (you need to brew it)
We are looking for groups interested in hosting a soup supper! If interested please sign-up via this link.
If you have questions email .
Men's Ministry Breakfast
Christian Athletic Scholarship Applications Due For the past thirty two years, Divine Redeemer’s Christian Scholarship Foundation has been proud to award college scholarships to high school seniors that will graduate from a Waukesha County high school. We are pleased to announce that we will award five scholarships this year.
- $5,000 scholarship will be awarded to a deserving Christian male athlete and one to a deserving Christian female athlete.
- The $4,000 Garrett Becker Scholarship will be given to an applicant who has overcome a significant obstacle in their life or if the applicant intends to work in the health care field.
- The Jean Pordon Memorial Scholarship for $10,000 will be awarded to the candidate who will enter the music or education field.
- The $11,000 Douglas Baker Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a student for their Christian leadership.
The Agnello family who attends Divine Redeemer Church is in need of meals while Keri finishes up cardiac rehab. She is about a third of the way through and is still very tired. She homeschools her three children. Click for the Meal Train to help the Agnello Family.
ADULT BIBLE STUDIES
Youth Ministry is an exciting ministry, and it is always changing! Children are the future and I hope to help them build a firm faith foundation. My favorite part of what I do at Divine Redeemer is serving others on Serve Sundays, mission trips, and at Youth Gatherings. Other parts of my job that I also love include running Vacation Bible School, working with the Director of Kids Connection Sunday School, Confirmation Classes, Easter Breakfast, Egg Hunts, Youth Group mother-daughter events and much more! I really enjoy working with people of all ages, so reach out to me if you ever want to help because I always need a hand!
I grew up in Brookfield and then earned a degree in Elementary Education and a minor in German at U.W.-Madison. My studies abroad in Austria and Germany were amazing and I hope to travel there again someday. I was a teacher and homemaker before taking on the position as Director of Youth Ministries. I have three adult children, two have graduated from college and one is already married! Currently I am also studying at Concordia in Mequon where my youngest daughter also attends. My husband and I have been together since I was in high school, and we have been members of Divine Redeemer since 1997. My favorite thing to do in my free time is to spend time with my family, especially in nature and near water. Youth. Learn more about Confirmation. Learn more about VBS.Learn more about
- January 29 - 9:15am AND 10:30am Forum Options (Media Center) *
- January 31 - Last day to take the Readiness Assessment Survey
- February 19 - Vow Renewal
- February 22 - Ash Wednesday Service / Prayer Session after
- March 4 - Men's Ministry Breakfast & Speaker Event
- Preschool - 5th Grade Kids Connection: Register here
- 6th Grade Kids Connection Sunday School: Register here
- 7th Grade Confirmation: Register here
- 8th Grade Confirmation: Register here
- Feb 12th - Middle School Group: Escape Room (10:15am - 11:45am)
- Feb 12th - Kid's Connection Sunday School Sings
- March 19 + 26 - No Kids Connection or Confirmation classes
- April 1st - Easter Egg Hunt 10 AM
- There will be an LCL Open House on January 30th, 2023 at 7pm
For more information about LCLHS Major Events visit here.