EVENTS & WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE AT DR
HAPPENINGS / EVENTS / SAVE THE DATES
- Divine Redeemer Lutheran School proudly presents the beloved musical “The Wizard of Oz”. Members of DRLS’ middle school are prepared to delight you with familiar songs and scenes from the timeless classic complete with flying monkeys, munchkins, and more! The show runs Thursday and Friday evening this week at 6:30 PM in the gymnasium. Doors open at 5:45 PM and no tickets are necessary! Light concessions will be offered.
- SERVE SUNDAY, is this Sunday, October 17 following 9 AM worship in the church or gym. You can still sign up - it’s not too late. We especially need people for yard work. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0E4FABA722A5FA7-serve1
- DRLS’ TRUNK OR TREAT is Oct 23 from 3-5 PM. Divine Redeemer’s Parking Lot. Join us for candy, decorated cars & trunks, costumes, contest prizes, and fall crafts for kids. New this year is the Pumpkin Contest. Bring your already carved or decorated pumpkin. Be creative and unique!
- Breakfast with the King will be on Sat. Dec. 4 at 9AM. This is a FREE outreach event to the community with the goal of sharing the Gospel and promoting Jesus as KING. You are invited to learn more at a BWTK planning meeting on October 24, at 3:45 in the cafeteria. Please come with your prayerful ideas and/or your willingness to help. Also watch for a SignUp Genius to volunteer your talents, time, and/or treasures. To volunteer right away, contact Amy Bronner at 262-751-5961 or email@example.com
- YOUTH FUNDRAISER FOR NATIONAL YOUTH GATHERING TRIP - When: Tuesday, October 26, Where: 701 Industrial Ct., Hartland, Time: 5–8 PM, Purpose: To help fund the DR Youth students going to the National Youth Gathering when you say, “Divine Redeemer Fundraiser” at check out.
- EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY for part-time infant instructional aides. No experience is required. The pay is dependent upon experience and we have both morning and afternoon shifts available. Contact Ally Spors, early Childhood Director, 262-367-3664.
- BAKE SALE UPDATE - “Thank you for all who brought baked goods to our bake sale to benefit Pathfinders this last Sunday and for those who supported the bake sale by your generosity! We are pleased to announce that we raised $669 to benefit all those at Pathfinders! On behalf of the team “Everyone is God’s Miracle” we thank you to all of you who supported this effort to help youth in crisis!”
- PRAY AND GO: We are still seeking volunteers who want to go out and pray for those in our community. See Pastor Adam with any questions or if you would like to be a part of Pray and Go!
- Save the Date for the Annual Divine Redeemer Christmas Shoppe on Saturday, Nov. 6 from 9 AM - 2 PM in the School Gymnasium. Enjoy FREE entry, artists, vendors, crafter, concessions and Kids can craft while you shop.
- Sign up for the National Youth Gathering www.drlc.org/youth (It closes at the end of October!) The LCMS Youth Gathering in Houston, Texas is to be held the second week of July 2022. This event is for those entering 8th - 12th grades in fall 2021 and chaperones. Registrations are available at https://www.drlc.org/youth. The cost is $1000 - $1700 per student before fundraising and chaperones are only asked to pay for their travel cost and food (once we know how many people are attending we can more easily figure out the cost). We already fundraised $1900 at the outdoor rummage sale! Students ages 19 – 25 can be Young Adult Volunteers (YAVs) and should sign up online asap at lcmsgathering.com. YAVs do not travel with or stay with our Divine Redeemer group, rather they stay with YAVs from all around the US!